Sunday, March 06, 2005

IPPA

A hectic week, which I'm finishing off by trying to get all of my entries together for the Illinois Press Photographers Association Best of Photojournalism contest. I interned at a paper out in the suburbs of Chicago for most of last year. I really miss my old staff, most of them were great..


Here is one of the images that I'm submitting.



Fernando Martinez checks to see if is son is still studying for a college exam in their living room while he reads the bible on his mechanical bed. Martinez fell to the ground while painting a home three years ago, which snapped a vertebrae and left him a quadriplegic. He is now on a list for an experimental surgery that would allow him to breathe on his own without a hose, but it will cost at least a hundred-thousand dollars and the health plan of his wife Maria, will not cover it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark M. Hancock said...

Good luck with the contest. :-)

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home